Welcome to teaching @ UNSW Medicine
This webpage is for staff who are new to teaching, new to the faculty or who are looking for teaching support.
During the year we have many new and varied staff joining the faculty and many current staff who begin teaching. There are academic staff who are completely new to teaching, academic staff who are new to this university or faculty, as well as new sessional staff joining us as tutors, new facilitators, and new demonstrators.
We have selected some useful web links to assist you in your induction to the university and to teaching.
New Teaching Staff Induction Days are held three times a year in February, Late June or early July and November. All new teaching staff are expected to attend the day as soon as possible and certainly within their first year. This induction day consists of talks and workshops on the following:
- Overview of faculty Teaching
- Introduction to learning and teaching theory and skills
- Workshop on small group teaching
- Health and safety in teaching
- Introduction to the library resources
- The "How to" guide for eMed and the UNSW TELT Platform
If you need further advice on teaching please contact:
Dr Rachel Thompson
T (02) 9385 8038 | E email@example.com
For information on support for clinical teaching/conjoint staff see your clinical school director.
Orientation to services
- Medicine new staff orientation page
- Information for conjoint staff
- Information for clinical teachers
- UNSW online orientation
- ID card application
- IT - getting started at UNSW - a guide for new staff
Orientation to teaching
UNSW Medicine links
- Register to become a facilitator
- Support for teaching staff
- Induction day resources
- Peer review of teaching
- Professional development and training
- Performance Development Scheme