Sub-committee of the Medicine Curriculum Development Committee.
The minutes and documents for this committee are located on SharePoint. Access to the SharePoint site is for members or approved support staff only.
Membership is usually for a period of two years. The Chair of the committee will be invited to become a member of the CDC.
- To be elected by the Committee
- Associate Dean, Education
- Medicine Program Authority
- Course convenors for each Phase 3 course
- Primary Care
- O & G
- Convenor of Phase 3 Biomedical Sciences program
- A representative from the Clinical Learning and Assessment Committee
- Additional members as suggested by the CDC to ensure broad representation on the committee from Schools and clinical disciplines
- Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Quality Medical Practice (QMP)
- Prince of Wales Clinical School
- St George & Sutherland Clinical School
- St Vincent's Clinical School
- South Western Sydney Clinical School
- Rural Clinical School
- A representative of the clinical school administrative staff
- Undergraduate Student Representatives
- Representative of the Medicine Education and Student Office responsible for administration of Phase 3
Terms of Reference and Responsibilities
- To oversee content in Phase 3 to ensure appropriate coverage and integration of material in Phase 3.
- To review teaching, learning and assessment activities submitted by course convenors, to ensure that assessments are integrated and aligned with graduate capabilities and teaching activities; the phase committee will have the authority to accept or reject such activities for a course.
- To convene groups to set assessments according to the requirements of the blueprint.
- To oversee the conduct and marking of assessments, portfolio reviews and the training of examiners/markers.
- To review evaluation and assessment data for the phase, and suggest modifications to content and design of teaching activities and assessment as appropriate.
Frequency of Meetings
Approximately every 2 months for 2 hours, averaging ~6 meetings per year.
Structure and Review
- The term of membership for each category of member is usually for 2 years.
- The composition of the Committee may be reviewed if new working parties or other bodies involved in developing and/or oversight of the new curriculum are established.