Sub-committee of the Medicine Curriculum Development Committee.
Minutes and Documents Produced
Members are approached before each meeting for agenda items. Minutes are circulated via email after each meeting, to be reviewed and approved at the following meeting. Decisions and outcomes of discussions are documented in the Minutes. Members of the Committee are expected to action the decisions and recommendations made at the meetings.
The minutes and documents for this committee are located on SharePoint. Access to the SharePoint site is for members or approved support staff only.
Membership is for a period of two years. The committee includes all Clinical Coursework term convenors, representatives from each of the clinical schools, representatives of the teaching components in year 3 (Clinical Skills, Quality Medical Practice, Ethics, Portfolio), the Senior Vice Dean Education and student representatives. The Presiding Member of the committee will be invited to become a member of the CDC.
- Phase 2 Convenor(s)
- Senoir Vice Dean, Education
- Medicine Program Authority
- Term Convenor for each Phase 2 clinical coursework term - Integrated Clinical Studies 1 -3 (MFAC2514 – 16)
- Adult Health 1 Term
- Oncology and Palliative Care Term
- Society and Health Term
- Adult Health 2 Term
- Aged Care and Rehabilitation Term
- Beginnings, Growth and Development Term - Obstetric or Gynaecological Focus
- Beginnings, Growth and Development Term - Child Health: Paediatric Focus
- A representative from the Clinical Learning and Assessment Committee
- A convenor of the Medical Ethics program element
- A representative of the Independent Learning Project Committee
- At least one representative from the School of Medical Sciences
- Additional members as suggested by the CDC to ensure broad representation on the committee from clinical teaching sites and the social and biomedical sciences
- Prince of Wales Clinical School
- St George Clinical School
- St Vincent's Clinical School
- South Western Sydney Clinical School
- Sutherland Hospital
- Rural Clinical School
- Student Representative (Coursework and ILP)
- 1 representative of each to attend meetings
- In Attendance
- Representative of the Medicine Education and Student Office
- Representative of the Medicine Education and Student Office responsible for administration of Phase 2
Terms of Reference and Responsibilities
- To oversee content in Phase 2 to ensure appropriate coverage and integration of material in Phase 2
- To review teaching, learning and assessment activities submitted by term convenors, to ensure that assessments are integrated and aligned with graduate capabilities and teaching activities; the phase committee will have the authority to accept or reject such activities for a course.
- To convene groups to set assessments according to the requirements of the blueprint.
- To oversee the conduct and marking of assessments (assignments and projects), portfolio reviews and the training of examiners/markers.
- To review evaluation and assessment data for the phase, and suggest modifications to content and design of teaching activities and assessment as appropriate.
Frequency of Meetings
The Phase 2 committee meets every second month for 1.5 hours, averaging ~6 meetings per year.
Structure and Review
- The term of membership for each category of member is usually for 2 years.
- The composition of the Committee may be reviewed if new working parties or other bodies involved in developing and/or oversight of the curriculum are established.