Sub-committee of the Medicine Curriculum Development Committee.
The minutes and documents for this committee are located on SharePoint. Access to the SharePoint site is for members or approved support staff only.
- Phase Convenor
- Course convenors for each Phase 1 course
- Society & Health
- Beginnings, Growth & Development A
- Beginnings, Growth & Development B
- Health Maintenance
- Ageing & Endings
- A convenor of the Clinical component of the Clinical Skills program element
- A convenor of the quality in Medical Practice program element
- A convenor of the Ethics-in-Medicine program element
- Facilitator representative
- Medicine Education & Student Office
- Two members representing the Biomedical Sciences Content Stream group (including 1 member of the Faculty of Science)
- School of Medical Sciences
- School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences
- A representative of the Social & Psychological Aspect of Health Content Stream group
- A representative of the Medicine College-based portfolio advisors
- A representative from the Phase 1 Port Macquarie campus
- Clinical Schools Representative
- Invited Member
- Undergraduate Student Representatives
- Representative of the Medicine Education and Student Office responsible for administration of Phase 1
Terms of Reference and Responsibilities
- To oversee content in Phase 1 to ensure appropriate coverage and integration of material in Phase 1.
- To review teaching, learning and assessment activities submitted by course convenors, to ensure that assessments are integrated and aligned with graduate capabilities and teaching activities; the phase committee will have the authority to accept or reject such activities for a course.
- To convene groups to set examinations or commission examination questions according to the requirements of the blueprint.
- To oversee the conduct and marking of examinations and portfolio reviews and the training of examiners.
- To review evaluation and assessment data for the phase, and suggest modifications to content and design of teaching activities and assessment as appropriate.
- To provide support and advice to convenors of Phase 1 courses and elements.
Frequency of Meetings
Approximately every 4 weeks for two hours, averaging ~ 10 meetings per year.
Structure and Review
- The term of membership for each category of member is usually for 2 years.
- The composition of the Committee may be reviewed if new working parties or other bodies involved in developing and/or oversight of the curriculum are established.