Dr Husna Razee
Research Interests: Understanding the cultural construction of mental wellbeing and the role of gender in mental well being. Social determinants of health specifically in relation to mental health promotion. Gender equity and health especially gender based violence is of particular interest to me.
Broad Research Areas:
Health Promotion, Global Health, Population Health
BSc (AUB), MPH (UC Berkeley), PhD (UNSW)
Society Memberships & Professional Activities:
Member, Australian Public Health Association, Member, Australian Health Promotion Association, Member, International Union of Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE), Founding member, GenderHealth, UNSW. , Member, Mental Health Association of NSW, Reference Group., Member of Executive Committee, SHARE (Australia), Member, Global Health@UNSW, Co-Convenor, Society and Health 3, Undergraduate Medicine Program (Phase 2, UNSW., Co-Convenor, PHCM 9012, MPH program, UNSW., Member, Phase 2 Committee, Undergraduate Medicine Program, Member, OHS Committee, School of Public Health and Community Medicine.
Specific Research Keywords:
Social determinants of health, Culture and Mental Health, Gender and Mental Health, Gender Equity and Health, Qualitative Research
Current Research Projects:
1) Health worker performance improvement: evidence from an intervention in Papual New Guinea: Australian Development Research Award grant.
2) Health security and peace-building: Evaluating the potential of health promotion project to promote peace-building in Sri Lanka: PhD research project with PhD candidate Albie Sharpe.
3) Psychosocial distress and wellbeing of Karen Refugee women: PhD Research project with PhD candidate Paula Watkins
4) Efficacy of behavioural intervention for lifestyle change in women at high risk for diabetes in Pakistan: PhD research project with PhD candidate Farhana Shahid
5) Mental health and help-seeking behavior among Iranian students at UNSW: Postgraduate research project with Shizar Nahidi
6) Accessibility of current primary health care mental health programs for women in Makkah - Saudi Arabia: Post graduate research project with Nahla Hariri.
7) Medicine prices and pricing policy in Vietnam: A case study - PhD research project with PhD candidate Tuan Anh Nguyen