Sub-committee of the Medicine Curriculum Development Committee.
Membership is usually for a period of two years. The Chair of the committee will be invited to become a member of the CDC.
- Year 4 Medicine Convenor
- ILP & Honours Convenor and Coordinator
- Medicine Program Authority
- Representatives from the following areas
- School of Medical Sciences
- School of Women’s and Children’s Health
- School of Psychiatry
- School of Public Health & Community Medicine
- Prince of Wales clinical school
- Rural Clinical School
- St George and Sutherland Clinical School
- St Vincent’s Clinical School
- South Western Sydney Clinical School
- Office of Medical Education
- School of Biotechnology & Biomedical Sciences
- Medicine Education & Student Office
- Undergraduate Student Representatives
- Faculty Supervisor Support Representative
Terms of Reference
The main responsibility of the Year 4 Medicine committee is to represent their school, within the Faculty of Medicine, with oversight and governance and to support the convenor allowing effective running of this year 4 medical research programme.
A Supervisor Support Representative will also sit on this committee and provide support/insight into early career researchers and new supervisor development.
The UNSW Medical Society (MedSoc) will provide two representatives (non-voting) for: ILP and BSc (Med) Hons for reporting feedback and discussion participation.
The key activities of this role include:
- Attending committee meetings
- Providing feedback to and from schools relating to changes to the programme
- Approving the course outline and related student and supervisor documentation
- Supporting assessment activities (e.g. chairing/marking seminars)
- Participating and providing feedback on any new procedures related to the programme
- Approving assessment items
- Approving marking criteria and rubrics
- Approving grades
- Providing feedback from students, supervisors, examiners relating to the programme
- Provide advice to the convenor on problematic student/supervisor cases