This is the 6th Annual UNSW Paediatric Research and part of this is the Higher Degree Research Student Presentations and Independent Learning Project (ILP) Awards. The HDR presentations are an opportunity for students to present their research to the school and is part of the annual review process.
The presentations will be from students conducting research within the Discipline of Paediatrics and the Children’s Cancer Institute.
This is a free event, staff, students and the general public are welcome to attend.
View preliminary Programme
Final program to be confirmed closer to date. Please note that the programme may change.
Independent Learning Project Awards:
The finalists for the Indepent Learning Project (ILP) Awards 2018 have been announced. The following students will present their research with two prizes awarded (for each Discipline) - including a People's Choice Award, decided by the audience.
O&G ILP Awards – 13th November 2018
Presentations from 1pm-2pm, Seminar Rooms 3/4, Level 1, Royal Hospital for Women
Light lunch from 12:30pm.
- Melidya Kosasih - Obesity-related Endometrial Cancer. Linking the genetic and metabolic profiles to clinicopathological features of the disease in obese versus lean postmenopausal women. A pilot study.
Supervisors: Rhonda Farrell; Kyle Hoehn; Frances Byrne
- Ning Zhang - What is the optimum number of oocytes to achieve a successful fresh assisted reproductive technology (ART) cycle?
Supervisors: Katie Harris; Georgina Chambers
- Rose Kennedy - The P4 Study: Subsequent Pregnancy Maternal Physiology after Hypertensive and Normotensive Pregnancies
Supervisors: Amanda Henry; Lynne Roberts
- Belinda An – Is there an optimal time interval between ovulation and transfer of a single frozen-thawed euploid blastocyst?
Supervisors: Michael Chapman; Christos Venetis
Paeds ILP Awards – 14th November 2018
Presentations from 1pm-2:15pm, John Beveridge Lecture Theatre, Level 1, Sydney Children’s Hospital
Light lunch from 12:30pm.
- Yulia Bogdanova - A systematic review and meta-analysis of predictors of fatal paediatric asthma
Supervisors: Prof Adam Jaffe; Dr Nusrat Homaira
- Azriel Tan - Scholastic outcomes of children with past acute bacterial meningitis (ABM) in NSW, Australia
Supervisors: Conjoint A/Prof Pamela Palasanthiran; Conjoint Prof Julee Oei
- Isabelle McKay - Evaluating the Alimentary and Respiratory Tracts in Health and disease (the EARTH Study)
Supervisors: Dr Keith Ooi; Dr Michael Coffey
- Mian (Pui) Yang - Sleep Disturbances in Children and Adolescents with Kidney Transplantation
Supervisors: Dr Sean Kennedy; Dr Sandra Chuang