UNSW Medicine Education Awards 2020
UNSW Medicine is committed to providing a working environment focused on excellence where employees are able to reach their full potential and develop their career. Medicine prides itself on the calibre of its staff.
UNSW Medicine recognises great teaching and research on an annual basis by presenting the following categories of awards.
Nominations for the following awards for 2020 are now open:
- Award for Excellence in Enhancing the Student Experience (Professional & Technical Staff)
- Award for Excellence in Professional Support Services (Professional & Technical Staff)
- Award for Excellence in Educational Innovation
- a. Academic (Individual)
- b. Team (All Staff)
- Award for Teaching Excellence (Casual or Sessional Staff)
- Award for Teaching Excellence (Early Career Academic Staff)
- Award for Teaching Excellence (Conjoint, Adjunct and Honorary Staff)
- Award for Teaching Excellence (Academic Staff)
- Students’ Choice Award for Inspirational Teaching (Teacher, by direct vote of individual students)
- Heroes Award (Individual or team, direct nomination)
- Award for Teacher of the Year (Nominated by the Award Panel)
Note that you can also nominate for UNSW Research Awards 2020.
2020 Nominations are now open and close 5pm Monday 16th November
The Nomination Process:
- The criteria and instructions are now available - Nomination Information - Please read carefully!
- All academic nominations require staff to access and use myEducation Portfolio as part of their application.
- Nominations are judged by faculty nominated academic panels.
- Awardees and their head of school will be advised by email before the beginning of December.
- The current plan is for the 2020 award ceremony to be held on Friday 4th December at 1pm following the UNSW Medicine Education Forum 2020.
- Please submit nominations to email@example.com.
Note: Each award nomination (except awards 8, 9,10) must be accompanied by a completed nomination form signed by the nominee and the Head of School or equivalent, plus a letter of support from HOS or equivalent.
Key tips for success:
- Check with your head of school or department which award you should nominate for
- Stick to the instructions and answer the appropriate criteria carefully and concisely
- Use recent evidence to support the nomination - choose a few of the best of the following: feedback from myExperience, informal and/or formal evaluation comments from students and collleagues, examination or assessment results
- Ask a colleague to read through your nomination application - to advise on content, clarity and to proofread.
For more information or assistance, please contact your Department Head / Head of School, or email the contacts above.
If you are interested in applying in the future, it is advisable to start early (e.g. the year before) to:
- Collect feedback from students and colleagues during the year - use formal and informal evaluation methods
- Academic staff should develop their profile for myEducation portfolio
- Draft and seek feedback on the nomination criteria
- Approach your Head of Department and Head of School early for support and advice
- For awards 1-7, secure an official letter of support from your Head of School or similar (e.g. convenor or Head of Department). This is essential supporting evidence for these nominations.