UNSW Medicine Learning and Teaching Awards
The Faculty offers a range of awards to recognise and reward outstanding contributions in teaching and to further the development of scholarly practice in learning and teaching. These awards and the nomination process are based on the Vice Chancellor's Awards for Teaching Excellence and the previous Australian Government Office of Learning and Teaching Awards. Team nominations are accepted for all of the following except the Award for Teaching Excellence.
- Award for Teaching Excellence (One award)
- Awards for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (Maximum of three awards)
- Award for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (One award)
- Award for Excellence in Enhancing the Student Experience (One award, specifically for Professional & Technical staff)
2017 Nominations are now open. Deadline for submissions is 5pm, Monday 6 November.
All submissions should be sent to Professor Gary Velan: email@example.com
- Download the information and nomination form (note: revised 2017): PDF or Application Form in Word Doc
- Nominations are judged by faculty nominated academic panels.
- Awardees are announced and presented with their certificates at the UNSW Medicine Learning and Teaching Forum in December of each year, UNSW Kensington campus.
Nominations open in Semester 2 of each year. If you are interested in applying, it is advisable to start in the new year to:
- Collect feedback from students and colleagues during the year - use formal and informal evaluation methods
- Draft and seek feedback on the nomination criteria (see forms and instructions provided here)
- Approach your head of department and head of school early for support and advice
- secure an official letter of support - this is necessary for all nominations.
Key tips for success:
- Check with your head of school or department which award you should nominate for.
- Stick to the instructions and answer the appropriate crtieria carefully and concisely.
- Use recent evidence to support the nomination - choose a few of the best of the following: feedback from CATEI, informal and/or formal evaluation comments from students and collleagues, examination or assessment results.
- Ask a colleague to read through the nomination - to advise on content, clarity and to proof read.
For more information or assistance, please contact your Department Head / Head of School.